lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
I like to introduce a really special friend.

His name is Francesco 'Franz' Dante and he had the privilege to be the 'one-and-only one time' pilot who flown my 8 from the front cockpit. :D
Obviously he's sporting his 'RV Grin'.

He's building his own RV-8 and we plan to fly our formation routine in a near future. He's my mentor in formation flying beeing an avid Italian Air Force instructor pilot from 1996 on MB 339 CD.

On this photo he doesn't wear his VAF hat but believe me he does everytime. Is an outstanding photographer too and he shot the best pictures you saw on my past threads.

This year we'll be together in Oshkosh to join that great family members.

Stay tuned.

franz_itd.jpg

Last edited:
hallo,
thank you luca for your words, flying and building a plane is nice and overwhelming if you can share it with your friends.
I took over my rv8 project (initiated by friends in 2009 and in a deep stall) in april 2012 with luca mentoring me along every step.
Presently I'm working on wire routing along the fuselage and wings.
As soon I will have access to a fast connection I'll post some pictures.
Talking about my acft choice, I started wondering about an aerobatic plane for a display team in 2005. I flew cap 10, yak 52, extra300 and more and I surfed the web in the search.
On may 2006 I flew for the first time an rv6 and I had no doubt that definetely it was the plane, never flew anything similar (with a propeller).
At the end the choice was for the 8 because of it's "military" configuration (single seat feeling).
I found rv's flying qualities very close to aircraft like the MB 339 that I fly: smooth, easily building up energy and not depleting it while manouvering.
I found the energy management impressive and easy at the same time.
franz

Francesco

Francesco,

Welcome to the RV Famly. Your choice of the RV8 is my choice too. I fly a RV8 the 'Borrowed Horse'
A lot of fun in all these RV airplanes.

Welcome and good luck on the -8!

We look forward to meeting both of you at OSH this year!

Franz
Comparing an RV-8 favourably to an MB-339 is quite a compliment to both aircraft, especially coming from such an experienced MB-339 pilot as you are.
The Italians make some beautiful aircraft, with superb flying qualities.
John

jhon, I usualli compare the rv family with Falco FL-8 (Stelio Frati designer), it's a project of the 50ies, and probably it was the reference for the sport planes for many years.
rv took it's place.
I had the pleasuro to fly the F 16 once, and what impressed me is that the F 16 is everything a pilot desire, I had the same feeling with the rv. By the way, If I had the money, I would have buyed an F 16 ;-)
franz

Franz
Stelio Frati - a genius.
The Falco is such an elegant shape, but it takes a bit too long for me to build.
John

You have chosen beautiful colors Franz, congratulations!
Can't wait to see her flying :)

Last edited: