BruceMe

Well Known Member
It's been about a year since I posted last. My fastback is almost done. I started her up and taxi tested a couple weeks back. I really love the look... Harmon Rocket on the cheap. Just working out details now. Fabricating a spring loaded alternate air door (IO-320). Building a plenum, wing farings. That's about it. The list is short.

http://fastback-4.wheelsup.org

Enjoy,

-Bruce

Can you test fly from BED?

Hi Bruce,

I noticed from your website that your plane is at BED. Do you plan to make your test flights from BED? In 2001, I completed my -4 and had a terrible time getting authorization to fly from the field. Massport's position was that I had to disassemble the aircraft and truck it out. After about a month of negotiating, I was allowed to fly out with the understanding that I not return until after the test hours were flown off. Massport cited the high population density around the field for there reason to prevent me from flying. I now have over 400hrs on my -4 and have yet to go back.

Good luck,

Best is yet to come...

Hi Bruce,

Great picture! The test flight is one of those cool moments you will savor for awhile. Mine in my RV4 was from a 1200' grass strip on a 95 degree, muggy day in the Southeast US back in 96'. It still performed amazingly with the 150HP and Sterba prop. Looks like you have the same setup. One thing I did was make a list of check items to perform and it paid off as I was having so much fun I almost forgot to do them...:) Good Luck...

Rob Ray
RV4ormerly
HR2