N941WR

Legacy Member
It is 11:48PM and I just received a call saying they need a licensed saftey Steward for a NASCAR driving school tomorrow morning and can't find anyone else.

Looks like I'll be eating rubber dust in place of rivet dust tomorrow.

At this rate I have no idea when I'll finish my RV. :(

Time to go put my helmet and other saftey gear in the car so I will have it tomrrow on the odd chance I have to give someone a driving lesson.

I'm sure I can find a reason to take a few hot laps. :D

I sure hope some of these kids don't try to kill me. (again)

Happy pounding.

It's a hard life, Bill.....but somebody has to do it! ;)
Who knows? You just might be sharing a car with the next Dale Jr. (you'd have to go to the dirt tracks to find the next Tony Stewart).

Hope you have fun!

And Sunday was spent Christmas shopping, getting a tree, and putting up the directions. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the plane.

No big deal as it will keep my loverly wife happy, which is most important in the scheme of things.

As for the driving school, it was a lot of fun. The "students" got to drive there own cars on the road course we used so speeds wouldn't get out of hand. They did very well and no one thought it was a drifting competition, which made my job much easier.

I took my Miata out and it is always so funny to toast people in that "lowly" car. Someday these guys will figure out that Detroit really has never made a competitive car. There are a few exceptions to that but I have even managed to seriously embarrass Z06's, Vipers, and a Ferrari or two. Just like the planes we are building, preparation and driver skill have more to do with it than a name badge.