DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
There have been a couple of threads lately that would have fit nicely in AOPA's 'Never Again' section (Dumb things thread and Obstructed Landings post).

I'd like to devote a new section in the forums to this type of thread - a section where we can learn from the 'Close Calls' of others.

The Problem:
I'm pretty sure I can't call the section 'Never Again' because that's what AOPA uses.

My Choice:
My first idea at a name was "Close Calls & Lessons Learned". I would put it in the 'Education' section.

Does anybody have a better name for this new section?

Merry Christmas! ,

I learned about RV'ing from that.

or how about:

Missed it by that much!

or

There I was...thought I was going to die.

or

Whew!

Suggestions...

Perhaps "Hangar Flying", to accomodate tales of good flying as well as tales of woe...could include "close calls" that weren't necessarily the fault of the pilot.

Or a VAF version of NASA'S Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS)...perhaps "VAFSRS"? Hmmm...there's gotta be an acronym that can be developed, that can be pronounced. John

"I learned.."

Doug,
I had one published once in Flying mag's "I Learned about Flying from That", who's acronym I always liked. But I like your candidate better. I vote for "Lesson Learned." And, of course, for the concept.
Bill O'Brien

How about.....

How about "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda...."
That way we also give full support to the Monday morning Quarterbacks.

--hawk
RV-7A(FWF & avionics)
N728E reserved