Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
  • Purchase a RV12 KIT at OSHKOSH 2011 – (with a Mastercard) Thanks to the same friends saying, "they take plastic for the first kit!"
  • 5 Months of build time
  • Good Friends
  • Warm Heated Hanger, when it is 25 degrees outside today
  • Installing the wing .................... PRICELESS!

You guys know the feeling.

Thanks to my RV friends for the help putting the wings on today.

Al, Scott, and Mark (Not in the picture)

img_1353.jpg

img_1357.jpg

Last edited:
Wow nice work. I was lamenting the installation of the seemingly endless stream of nut plates in the fuselage kit today. It was rather cold in the hangar today with no heat, besides the little space heater.

Carl

David, looks good! I assume you are building EAB since it looks like your landing light is in the left wing.

Hal-San

You are correct it is an EAB. Very observant.

I have a Rotax from another slsa, 135 hrs on its 2000 tbo. I am transferring the engine and avionics from it, saving $'s. 3 grand rapids, garmin sl30 & 327, trio auto pilot.

Congrats! First time we put the wings on our 12 sure felt good

Ross, you have no idea how stunningly cool it is to see a high school kid reminisce to old guys about his own build milestones. Man, I hope you recognize how blessed your life is compared to most young guys (and also I hope you find ways to thank all the mentors who helped you get there, often and often again). Thanks to you and your team for inspiring us!

David, congrats and thanks for sharing. My milestones are more like inchstones still, so it sure helps to see others dreams and hard work paying off.

--
Stephen

Looking great so far, Dave. You are moving at a blazing speed, but I guess you have to since you already scheduled your paint! Is that a KPTW hangar?

Rob

Yes it is @ KPTW, one of only a few heated and insulated hangers. Very lucky to have snagged it when it opened up.

As you stated, I am on mission with a plan to paint in April and hope to have the 40 hour flown off before Oshkosh. It would be great to say, "purchase 2011 at the show and then fly it back to the show in 2012".

By the way do you really think your Dad is going to give your plane back? I think you may have visitation rights after he starts flying it. (LOL)

Stephen, I thank you for the compliment, and am forever grateful for this oppurtunity as well as my mentors! Our hangar was quite cold as well, but we got the heat working after about an hour of tinkering with the breaker box. Do you plan to have your 12 at Oshkosh?