Tram

Well Known Member
Man, all these posts, I really wish I'd built this thing.. :)

Anyway, it's time for some HID landing/taxi lights along with a wig-wag setup.

My current setup has the landing light on a switch and the taxi light on another switch.

I'd like to change this to a 3 position switch, where up is wig-wag, middle is off and down is both lights going..

I've already picked up a wig-wag controller. My biggest question is getting the lights off two switches and onto the single switch..

Could someone explain the easiest way to go about doing this?

Are you replacing the existing lights with the HID, or are you adding the HID, and keeping the existing lights for wigwag use???

I have read that some of the HID lights dont do well as wigwags. Maybe someone will jump in here and give a good answer to this one.

Have you considered LED lights, IIRC, Aeroleds have built in wigwag capabilities. http://www.aeroleds.com/

Last edited:
The biggest concern with HID's and wig-wag's is the warm-up period.. If you flick them on and let them warm up conventionally, you'll be good to go..

I'm replacing the existing lights with HID's..

Jeff, I cannot help you with your problem but I do feel your pain!! I feel like a helpless idiot turning to the forums for every little squawk on my PURCHASED 7A. You are not alone!!!:eek::eek:

Jeff, I cannot help you with your problem but I do feel your pain!! I feel like a helpless idiot turning to the forums for every little squawk on my PURCHASED 7A. You are not alone!!!:eek::eek:

It's a little nerve racking isn't it?

I can usually figure things out, and will educate myself before I start working on stuff, well with this it's all "figure it out and go from there.." :)

Well a member here sent me info on how he wired his up, I guess I'm just trying to see if I need to have my lights wired specifically before I move to the next step..