LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I didn't order the full Van's firewall forward kit and chose instead to just get things as I went along as needed. The exception was some of the precut wire and fluid lines. I ended up remaking all the wire lines because the Van's crimped connectors weren't crimped and I couldn't trust them.

The fluid lines were expensive and didn't fit. Sold a few of them but the ones that I had that were too long I ended up using, even though I didn't like the fit at all.

Tom Swearengen (who has already made a perfect fuel line for me) saw this and offered to cut them down to the proper size and put new fittings on them. I sent them off to him (two oil cooler lines and one fuel pressure line) and they came back the other day. They were perfect!

A note attached said "no charge."

Guess who gets my business for the main (servo to spider) fuel line as soon as I can figure out a proper route to run it?

Good move.

My -10 has all new fuel and oil lines, with all stainless ends, courtesy of Tom.

In this day and age of overnight delivery, you could order from Alaska or South Africa and Tom will be on time...he's just that kinda guy!

Best,

Last week I mentiond that the breather line coming out of the engine on the Val had swelled considerably, and it was time for a replacement. The quick thing to do was buy another 90-degree radiator hose (like Van's supplies, but at the local auto parts emporium) and slap it on there....however, Tom decided i needed somethign better, and shipped me a short length of 3/4", stainless-jacketed, internally convoluted 9so it doesn't crush when bent) hose - absolutely beautiful! Almost makes me want to take the top cowl off to show off!

We're about to spec out the fuel lines for the -3, and Tom gets first bid.

Paul

Tom Swearengen

Tom Swearengen

We have received lots of hoses from Tom. All good!!
Give him your business.
He NEEDS a RV8 and is saving up.

Last edited:
Tom has also made some hoses for me as well. All were perfect, he shipped them the day after I ordered them and his prices are probabably the best you'll find!