AX-O

Well Known Member
About 2 weeks ago I was able to show a few people around my work. This does not happen often and I wanted to share the opportunity with some fellow Rvators. My old racing teammate (Mike), ?Hog? and Dan C. came up to see me in the middle of the Mojave Desert. The cool part about it was that Dan picked me up at our local airport and we were able to land on base with the RVs. This was the first time the pattern has seen civilian aircraft in a long time. We were the first experimental home built aircraft on the pattern ever. I showed them around work and told them what I do. Thanks for coming up guys! Here are the pictures to prove it.

2 nice RVs
FP02012007A00033.jpg

The guys next to a bran spaking new Cobra
FP02012007A00034.jpg

The guys next to a new FA-18F Hornet
FP02012007A00035.jpg

Axel,

No...thank YOU! That was a real once in a lifetime opportunity, and your job looks like a lot of fun with incredibly cool toys.

So where in the middle of Mojave is this?

I was stationed at the former George AFB in Victorville. What base is this?
Paul Czarapata
pczar3
RV-6A N694BP - reserved

I didn't get any photos (was forbidden from bringing cameras onto the base), but I did get this cool sticker which I stuck proudly on the hangar fridge... :)

20061222_sticker.jpg

Dan, you are fast! Does your computer send an email to your brain when a new post shows up :D I would have given you guys a patch but could not find them. Show us the rest of your stickers. My tool boxes are full of them.

Hey Axel,

I do experiments at China Lake a couple times a year. How hard is it to go through the paper work to bring civilian aircraft on base, even better an RV?

regards,

Ajay

ajay said:
Hey Axel,

I do experiments at China Lake a couple times a year. How hard is it to go through the paper work to bring civilian aircraft on base, even better an RV?

regards,

Ajay
Send me a PM. I don't like to give out that kind of information. By the way it will not be simple because you don't fly with our squadrons.