turbo

Well Known Member
April was a great month of flying with both snf and benson days here in florida. flew in and out of snf 5 times and benson days 4 times. snf wx was almost perfect except the last day. the first milestone was passing 5,000 hrs flight time. 3,700 rv hrs that week, 400 cessnas, 900 helos, 75 gliders. wow, what a journey. we are lucky to be pilots with such a skill and plane at our disposal.

not many friends were able to make the flights with me this year. a student pilot with only 10 hrs made the trip. too timid to take the controls i didnt push the issue but let george do most of the flying.

my other passenger was a great friend tom gilmore. a master cfi, writer of aviation books and many aricles for ifr mag, owner of flight schools back in detroit, a super guy to spend time with flying. at our meeting of the florida aero club tom did a presentation on lsa aircraft. at the end he presented me with a surprise. a picture that was taken at the end of our snf day. i was speechless. a treasure for sure. great memories. thanks tom.
the last milestone for the month was at benson days a gyro plane festival of fun. these guys are having a ball flying those machines. the saftey record for gyros are good. unable to stall, great new designs, and easy to build they are the dirt bike of the sky. google benson days 2010 roy davis and check out what roy can do in one if you are interested. well i took a ride and i am hooked. milestone #2. looks like a dominator, single seat, 100 hp should do the trick. during my gyro flight we did a u turn in about 20 feet and pulled up along side a hawk and flew along with him at 40 mph for a minute or so. wow. enjoy your flying and go places. turbo:D PS milestone #3 passed 350,000 miles on garmin 430 odometer.
s7300729.jpg

Last edited:
You're my hero Eddie! 3700 hrs in an RV! I have about 55 on mine now and am mad because I had to take all the gear fairings and wheelpants off to paint them- bites into my flying time. Suffolk fly-in is May 22. Let me know if you ever want to stop by.

Tim

tim, good luck with your..........

new plane. hope to stop by your place some day and meet your family. you were the perfect rv hotel guest. i will be headed for ct by june. have a fun flyin this may. turbo