Status
Not open for further replies.

bkc3921

Well Known Member
Yes, I know I'm on the soapbox. Had a parts order arrive today from the mothership. Realizing I needed a 3rd Tie-down ring after I ordered a pair from Avery earlier (7A-Duh!), I had Van's add one to my order. Unpacked it, and beautifully forged on the side in large letters: "CHINA" !!! No, I do not plan to use it. No, I do not plan to return it. I now have a new $4.25 paper weight. I checked the catalog..doesn't say anything about "Made in China"..I really believe Van's should include country of origin information and offer an American made option at a higher price if they need to. I'm cheap..but not that cheap. Let the buyer beware.

Please back away from the edge of the ledge. Goodness, if you're worried about "Made in China" then you probably need to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff in your home and car that cost a lot more than the tie down.

Nothing wrong with made in China. Some of it's good, some isn't, same as made in the USA. And if you're worried about US jobs, check the official labor statistics. More people in the US were employed in manufacturing jobs in 2007 than in 1987.

Personally I don't want Vans to be spending their hard earned money carrying two of everything to make sure people can chose domestic or lowest price. That's a waste of their precious resources and will make their costs go up, making their prices higher or lowering their profit. Less profit might mean less product development or improvement. Higher prices mean people saving and scrounging to buy parts will have to save and scrounge even more.

No. For me, Vans should keep supplying parts that meet the requirements at the lowest possible cost. That gives me the most bang for my hard earned buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.