RV7Guy

Well Known Member
We all have pride in our planes. We admire how they look on the ground, as we wash it, as we approach to climb in and how it looks when we are flying around looking out the canopy.

But, how many have seen their plane in the air FROM the ground? Today, my good friend and long time RV buddy, Robbie Attaway was in town. We went to lunch and came back to the house to BS about RV's. Since Robbie is on my insurance, I said, "why not take her out for a while?" Robbie and his friend Dale jumped in and burned some gas. Before he left I told him when he came back to do a low approach and fly by so I could see my baby. He did so with nice 120 kt pass.

What a cool feeling seeing your own plane in the air. They look even better!!! It felt even better having just won a 3rd place award at Copperstate, for Best Metal plane.

If you haven't done this, give it a shot. I'm also a huge advocate of carrying another pilot on my insurance for emergencies and any other contingencies that might arise. In most cases, if the other pilot has the quals, there is no additional cost. Do it and get a different perspective:)