ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I decided to put some stripes on my RV-4. I contacted Blake at Flyboy Accessories and he was great to work with. I am not artistic but Blake listened to my thoughts and came up with over a dozen options.

When I made the decision on what I wanted Blake ordered the materials and shipped the product within a week.

I am completely satisfied with his service, price, and product, and recommend him to anyone that is looking for graphics for their plane.

Before:

311vs6h.jpg

After:

2j5gzed.jpg

Graphics

Blake is one of the best Graphic artists around. Great guy, easy to work with and best of all, he charges reasonable prices!

8013529277_98ebc39350_c.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0099 by mannanj, on Flickr[/IMG]

He did a lot of research on my graphics. Had to make sure of the Russian phrases and spelling. If you need any graphics at all, give him a call:)

Con, after the Panther debut we rolled the -4 into Dan's hangar and Hans, the guy that does all the SPA graphics, put them on for me. It took him about two hours for all four sets and he did a perfect job. Blake's instructions were excellent, but even with them I don't think I could have done the job that Hans did.

Ahh, that explains it! I had to run home and grab my logs and a checkbook for the transponder check. I've always liked the way your -4 looks and I showed the pics to Ginger. I think we may do something similar with our -7 when the time comes.

Blake is the best! He cut logos for my aircraft but I didn't follow instructions and then flew through heavy rain and logos peeled off. Blake offered replacement and suggestions. I will get back to it some day Blake.

annualcompleted.jpg

I kinda like Blake too.... but it could be because I'm his dad. :D

Blake does a great job and I gladly look to him when I need expert advice. However, he doesn't monitor the VAF forums very often, so I'll offer a bit of advice.

The graphics vinyls come in many different types. The typical automotive vinyls are made to adhere to shiny smooth surfaces (no wax, of course!). There are other types made for rough or dull surfaces too.

The photo that Vlad posted shows a graphic on what looks like the gel coated cowling (maybe?). The gel coat surface isn't as friendly to the automotive vinyls and they could peel. The same thing can happen on fabric airplanes or other porous, or rough surface.

So, be sure to tell your graphics artist what the surface is so that everything stays put! Hope this advice helps!

Thanks to everyone who helps support Blake. He 100% owns and runs Flyboy Accessories, even though I am the old curmudgeon who usually posts things here. Blake's goal is to build Flyboy Accessories up until it causes Jim Irwin (Aircraft Spruce) to have nightmares. ;)

And he speak/write perfect spanish!! :)

I kinda like Blake too.... but it could be because I'm his dad. :D

Blake does a great job and I gladly look to him when I need expert advice. However, he doesn't monitor the VAF forums very often, so I'll offer a bit of advice.

The graphics vinyls come in many different types. The typical automotive vinyls are made to adhere to shiny smooth surfaces (no wax, of course!). There are other types made for rough or dull surfaces too.

The photo that Vlad posted shows a graphic on what looks like the gel coated cowling (maybe?). The gel coat surface isn't as friendly to the automotive vinyls and they could peel. The same thing can happen on fabric airplanes or other porous, or rough surface.

So, be sure to tell your graphics artist what the surface is so that everything stays put! Hope this advice helps!

Thanks to everyone who helps support Blake. He 100% owns and runs Flyboy Accessories, even though I am the old curmudgeon who usually posts things here. Blake's goal is to build Flyboy Accessories up until it causes Jim Irwin (Aircraft Spruce) to have nightmares. ;)