Snoho3

Well Known Member
Still waiting for my QB wings to arrive but got to wondering as I sit here and review the advance set of plans... again. How complete will the wings arrive? Put another way, how many of the early steps that I am reading will already be completed?

I am told now that the wings may arrive at the end of July. Maybe. Note to self: order the fuselage early.

TIA

You still want to go through the whole plans, but there is a lot already done. The wings are built with all but the outboard bottom skins already riveted on. You'll need to build the aileron hinge brackets, prepare the pushrods and the bell crank assemblies, and install the gap fairings. You'll have a little work to do on the ailerons including a test fitting but the flaps are complete. Then there's the fuel sender, fuel pick up and fuel tank cover plate. Then it was prepping the outboard bottom skins for attaching, but they don't get riveted on until way down the road.

No really big jobs in there, I was ready to move on after about 50 hours of work. This as a very novice builder - I bought a nearly finished empennage so the wings were my introduction. I know the quality could be better, I just spotted a bunch of rivets tonight that I need go and squeeze a bit more.

I ordered my fuselage a lot earlier than I had initially planned and I'm glad I did. I had about 3 weeks with next to nothing to do while waiting. If you're doing the quick build fuselage, you may want to order it really soon.

You're going to love the high level of completeness and great workmanship. Flaps and ailerons are finished and ready to bolt on....mine had super-straight trailing edges. Here's a few shots of the wings, just as they came out of the crate:

Last edited:
Very helpful! Thanks. 50 hours doesn't sound like a lot. But knowing how I roll I better put a factor of 4 on that... Good advice to order the fuse now - I just don't have a lot of space to store it if it comes in early.