dhall_polo

Well Known Member
That was my hobbes reading as I pushed her back into the hangar on Tuesday, Oct 13, now 7 months and 1 week since first flight.

In that time...

I have broken in a plane, tackled a little formation flying, learned to love a tail wheel, gotten in to basic acro, flown with O2 at 17500, appreciated the efficiencies of LOP, made smoke trails, overhauled brakes, learned to polish aluminum, earned my HAM license for APRS, enjoyed ground speeds over 200 knots with winds, shared the rv grin with a half-dozen friends and family, and visited a few fly-ins. Oh, and I've flown to mecca and put the grass at oshkosh under the tires!

The flying part is even better than I imagined. This plane just opens up the world of flying in ways that I really didn't comprehend before. I actually hugged my airplane last week. (If that's TMI for you, just assume it was a metaphorical hug.)

You have done a lot. If you like cross-countries, consider a trip with the guys who go to Caribbean islands.

Very well said, Don....

...... Oh, and I've flown to mecca and put the grass at oshkosh under the tires!

The flying part is even better than I imagined. This plane just opens up the world of flying in ways that I really didn't comprehend before. I actually hugged my airplane last week. (If that's TMI for you, just assume it was a metaphorical hug.)

......It just gets better,

Regards,

You know? Reading posts like yours makes my heart beat a little faster. I can hardly wait to have my plane done.

From a guy who just took delivery of the tail kit for my RV8, your post makes all of the work ahead of me worth it already. :cool: Now, to finish the inventory...