Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
In my quest to finish my airplane (inspection is Thursday) I have run into a problem. I have had an oil leak when I run the engine and FINALLY found it. There is a hairline crack in my oil filter adaptor (standard lycoming one). I will order one of the nice 90 degree ones Monday.

Last edited:
eci filter adapter

Scott I have the eci adapter, and the only problem I have is I can't use the longer oil filters, it would hit
the engine mount.. another 1/2 would be perfect for
my setup rv9a 0320 , I am using a machanical Tac
drive / cable.. as a back up to the dynon d-180
plus I got a good deal on it.. anyway I don't know exactly how the transducer works but if it connects
like a cable would, then the adapter has a rounded
cutout area on mine for the cable or whatever connects to that output shaft.. hope this helps..
I am will just use the shorter filter to start, if that doesn't work out then 1/2 spacer would be much
better , plus it would be easier for the filter change, keeps it away from running down the acc case..

Danny..

When I switched to the ECI 90degree adapter I had to get the "extension cable" from Vans to move the transducer away from that location. It's a 8-10" cable that screws in place and then you can mount the transducer in another location. Works great.

I had to switch from a 90 degree to a straight adapter on my Aerosport/Superior engine. It was a challenge to swap out, I wish they'd picked up the interference before hand.

Vern Little