Desertsky

I hope to install the anti splat seat mod in my tip up 9. I'm referencing the PDF file included with anti splat web page. I believe the extra 4 inches would really help. I'm 6ft 2in 220 and most of my pax are at least as much. (Excluding my beautiful wife). Have any of you have done this in your aircraft? I have some concerns with clearances of the roll bar and your head once this is complete. Also the clearance with the canopy locking bar and the flap motor. Also the clearance with the locking bar and the seat back.

I have done it on mine, not flying yet but have done some airplane noises or 3. No issue with roll bar even with Oregon aero seat foam. I am 6'4" for reference.

Its worth the mod for sure for us talented taller people.

Need input

saw this and related to my question so I thought I would post. New to the site but been flying GA for many years. I am 6 ft 4 in and 210 lbs. Going to order a RV-14 but wanted to purchase a prebuilt RV to fly while my progressing on the 14. Most likely will take 3 or 4 years to complete the 14 even using quick builds. Any advise what RV might fit me? The almost RV-14 mod looks interesting and probably needed. Any suggestions? Anyone know of a tall builder that is looking to sell his RV? Thanks

I hope you don't think you would not be comfortable in a stock RV. Pilots are used to compermisis in cockpit comfort. This kit is purely a luxury item and a winter project. I'm just a lay back kind of guy.

Probably just need to try on a few

After reading lot of advice on forums seems I just need to try on a few. The majority of my time is in a 182RG and it was very comfortable to fly. Right now the RV8 looks like my best bet unless someone know of a 7 or 9 that was built for a very tall pilot? Thanks

If you get to Louisville Ky your welcome to sit in mine. About the max you can extend it for tall pilots. (Vlad couldn't even touch the rudder pedals).

A friend of mine has a Stock 7-A and is 6'5". He looks fine in the airplane and he says he is comfortable. Just for reference I have a RV-6 and installed the almost 14 seat mod. While it does move your shoulders back 4 inches giving your room your head also moves back and the canopy slopes downward at that point giving you less headroom for your headset . I like the mod but I only moved back half the distance. I am not that tall 5'10" with short legs long torso, I was hoping to get more headroom I did not. I still like the mod.