ToadMan8

Hello! This is my first post, and hopefully this is the proper place to make it. I cross-posted in the regional forum, but it doesn't look like there's much activity there...

I am close to pulling the trigger on an RV-9 empennage, but I haven't even touched one. I wasn't quite far enough along the decision path to make the best use of my time at Oshkosh this summer. I think it would make sense to get in one and confirm my suspicion that it's what I'm looking to fly before I start to build one!

I'm from the Cincinnati, OH area. Is there anyone within reasonable Skyhawk distance I could come visit?

Thanks much!

Jeff

KHAO, KMWO

Jeff,
There are many examples and projects at Hamilton Butler County airport.
RV7, RV7A, RV6, Lots of RV8's, RV9A under construction, 180hp RV9 for sale at KMWO Middletown(Rich Reinhart 513-236-3471).

9A close to you.

I have a 9A not far from you at OVO (North Vernon, IN.) Depending on the airport, you are only 50 to 75 nm away. I have given quite a few rides to prospective builders. It is FP, 160hp slider. Give me a call if you like (812) 392-2860. And BTW,. welcome to VAF! You are in good company.

(Edit) Just noticed the Oxford address. It is about 48nm, I fly it fairly often. Love OXD!

Bob Kelly

Last edited:
I am close to pulling the trigger on an RV-9 empennage, but I haven't even touched one.

Jeff-

I was building for three years before my first ride in a RV9A. I also had not been PIC for almost 23 years at that point.

Now I have flown 70 hours in the last three years, and hope to finish my 9A this spring/summer. For me this will be a 6 year build project. The first two years flew by and I had most of the structure done. At that point the wife kicked me out of the garage, and I moved to an airport an hour away from my house. That really slowed me down.

Order the kit. You will love it. Flying in the 9 is a real joy.

Last edited:
Jeff,
There are many examples and projects at Hamilton Butler County airport.
RV7, RV7A, RV6, Lots of RV8's, RV9A under construction, 180hp RV9 for sale at KMWO Middletown(Rich Reinhart 513-236-3471).

I've been trying to get in touch with those guys! Margot (the DE at HAO) gave me the number of one of the guys, but he didn't return my voicemail.

Perhaps I'll just go there and stalk hangars on a nice day.

I'm a member of the Victory Aviation club out of Butler County, so I'm there quite a bit.

Thanks for the tip!

I have a 9A not far from you at OVO (North Vernon, IN.) Depending on the airport, you are only 50 to 75 nm away. I have given quite a few rides to prospective builders. It is FP, 160hp slider. Give me a call if you like (812) 392-2860. And BTW,. welcome to VAF! You are in good company.

(Edit) Just noticed the Oxford address. It is about 48nm, I fly it fairly often. Love OXD!

Bob Kelly

Bob,

Thanks! That sounds like exactly what I'm after. I'll give you a call to see when you'll be at the airport. I fly out of Butler County, and have been to OVO before (building time for my instrument rating). This time I'll come without the foggles on.

I hope to eventually hangar my 9 at OXD. A 6 minute drive to the airport would be much nicer than 45 to Butler County, though the ILS at KHAO is awfully nice.