330Jock

Well Known Member
Sponsor
8A Plans arrived last week! First post of what I hope to be many. Already learned a lot by searching forums. I'm 6'3" and 217 lbs. should I stop worrying and just go with 8A? Am I too big for 7A, and is there really more headroom, as well as width in the 8A? If this was answered somewhere else, sorry.
Bill Stockburger

Find one of each to sit in. But reality is that you have far more shoulder room in an 8(A) than a 7(A).

not for me

I'm also EXACTLY 6"3 and 217 lbs and my RV7A is perfect. It's got all the room you want. Obviously when I built it I pushed the pedals all the way forward. When I fly solo I throw my right leg on the other side and I'm as comfy as on my couch.
I have never flown in the front seat of an RV8

Last edited:
More individual space in the -8A

I fly an -8A and a -10, but have had several rides in the -7A and -6As---- for individual space, more in the -8A ----- BUT, my wife insists on a side-by-side, so you know what I am looking for.

I fly a -7A and have brought passengers your size with no problem. But you will definitely have more shoulder space in the front seat of an -8A, no doubt about it. Having flown in both I don't think there is any significant difference in headroom.

For me, I wanted side-by-side so I can bring up my little boy and easily watch him and fix his headset etc. Also more 'social' with the passenger, and better for the occassional times my wife joins me. But if you don't mind sticking someone in the back seat I would say go with an -8(A).

Like others said, best thing to do is find some local RVs and try them on for size - post a request on here and I'm sure you will get plenty of invitations.