mattsmith

Well Known Member
Not exactly ready for the finish kit but want to order it before the price increase. is the Tod's canopy any more work then the vans canopy? Planing to go with a C/S prop, have heard it doesn't mater which spinner 12" or 13". Is this true / any pros or cons to either besides looks? any pics of the deferent spinners on a 8A? Is there any thing els I might want to look at substituting in the finish kit? As always thanks for the help.

Not exactly ready for the finish kit but want to order it before the price increase. is the Tod's canopy any more work then the vans canopy? Planing to go with a C/S prop, have heard it doesn't mater which spinner 12" or 13". Is this true / any pros or cons to either besides looks? any pics of the different spinners on a 8A? Is there any thing els I might want to look at substituting in the finish kit? As always thanks for the help.

Matt,
The Todd's canopy actually requires less work, as there is less "flash" trimming to be done at the base of the canopy. Consider if there are things you might want to delete. An example would be the cowl hinges if you plan on using 1/4 turn fasteners on the cowl. You might want to omit the inner tubes and or tires to purchase higher quality units, like the leak stop inner tubes.
Charlie Kuss

8-A Engine mount & related 8A stuff

Matt,

I am converting an 8A kit to 8 and have all the 8A finish kit. These were purchased new last summer and still wrapped.

I have the new style engine mount, main gear legs and nose gear leg, nose wheel, nose tire & tube, and main gear weldments plus all the misc 8A stuff related to gear (except main wheels and axles that I'm keeping to use on my -8).

If you're interested I can get you pics and asking price. I plan to post everything on classifieds section shortly anyway as I've already bought the -8 gear parts.

Let me know. You can PM me.
Sandy