SHIPCHIEF

Well Known Member
Today, N89SE was brought forth to see the sun, strapped to an 18ft flatbed trailer, and driven the the airport for the first time! :D
Most of the folks that noticed seemed to be young, mostly boys, but some girls too. Adults in their daily hustle didn't react as much.
I towed it nose forward, a fairly complete wingless plane.
It was great fun, although I was nervous after having read a few disaster stories of wrecked planes taking the first ride to the airport.
Luckily, it fit in the hangar with the Bellanca Cruisemaster.
Tomorrow, I'll bring up the wings, and the Bellanca will have to move away for a while :(

Big move

Congratulations! Hope your final assembly and flight prep go quickly and that inspections and flight soon follow.

Thanks Bill!
Today I did get the wings, sheet metal parts, tools, pick-a-nut drawers, and tool cart out to the hangar, as planned.
It will be much harder to get out to work on it, as I had been building in the house and garage, with the coffee pot close at hand.
I'm ready to plug in the right wing. I'm going thru the "Double Triple Idiot Check" before I mate them, with the hope that I won't have to pull them off again any time soon.
To the rest of you builders: Press On!! This is a really great milestone in building, and it feels great! :D