Adam

Well Known Member
Hi all,
I need some help on the best way to rivet the 821 top front skin were the gear towers are. Each side has 4 rivets that are hard to get at and the other 4 are almost impossible to get at. Should I use Cheerymax in that area.

Thanks
Adam
Finnish kit

Adam,

I used Cherry's without any hesitation - my hat is off to those folks who have sucessfully used solid rivets here! I decided that I'd ratehr have a known good Cheery rather than a questionably driven solid.

Paul

Ironflight said:
Adam,

I used Cherry's without any hesitation - my hat is off to those folks who have sucessfully used solid rivets here! I decided that I'd ratehr have a known good Cheery rather than a questionably driven solid.

Paul
Hey Adam

I did the same thing. There is NO way I coulf have gotten in there to buck them.

Cheers

This is interesting. I riveted my 821 skins and gearboxes yesterday and didn't have any trouble bucking all the rivets. Which rivets gave you problems?

The ones that are at the top of gear towers, there are (7) on each side, one of the problems is that I have all the plumbing and electrical done in that area.

Thanks
Adam
Finnish kit

Same problem here. I have all the plumbing complete and you would need little monkey hands to get in there. Question is what Cherry Max riv length do we need? Spruce does not carry anything over Cr32-12-6 and I need a -8 or -9.

I understand now. I was thinking of the bottom of the skins. I haven't gotten to the tops yet. I can see where it might be a problem.