Bruce

Well Known Member
Friend
Does anyone know who can work on a Waltham 8 day clock. Circa 1952. It is a little fast and already adjusted it to the slowest setting and it is still fast. Thanks in advance.

Bruce Pauley
RV 7A (177WD res)
http://www.mykitlog.com/bpauley
EX KC-135A Boom Operator
NKAWTG

Thanks

Rick,

Thanks. That looks like the place. I did find that it is a 1953 after looking at the history of the Waltham. $400.00 to slow it down. OUCH. But I will sleep on that one for a few days.

Thanks again,
Bruce

Clock repair

Bruce;
I have exactly the same clock in my RV-6, and it has unfortunately been immersed in salt water, not once, but twice. I only did it the second time....
The closest( to me) local repairman with experience on these is retired, but does the occasional mechanical clock for the local instrument shop.
Long way of suggesting contacting a local instrument shop and inquire as to where they send out their clocks for repair.
SCott in VAncouver

This second time it needed repair was due to running for a couple of years after the salt-water immersion. The quote to get it running again is $150 Canadian.
To get it overhauled when I bought it out of a twin that ran out of gas and force-landed at the tideline cost a little less.
The technician says it should go for about 4-5 years between shop visits, which usually cost 75-90 dollars.
Makes a cheap-looking electrical replacement look like a better decision, but I really enjoy the sound of it ticking away after the gyros have wound down as I fill in the journey log at the end of a flight.