imacav8r

I'm New Here
Hello,
newbee here, looking to visit a -8 builder in the Woodlands - Conroe area.

like to take that first plunge and gathering info for a build. would love to see one in the early stages (or any stage) and ask a few questions.

thank you in advance.

Kirk

Not an 8 but...

I'm building a 9A up in the Woodlands, well I'll be building again in a couple of weeks when I move into my new house. Working on the first wing. You are more than welcome to stop by and check it out.

I have an RV-8QB at Hooks that I have been working on for (cough, cough) "a while". It's in the hangars by the beacon. Also, within 100 yards of my hangar are six RV-6As and two RV-4s you can look at. Elsewhere on the field there is at least one completed RV-8, one RV-6, one RV-6 project, and one RV-9 project. I'm probably forgetting another dozen or so other RVs. People tend to gather on Saturday around 10:30 to figure out where to go for the day.

Hooks and RV's

Come over this morning there are a bunch all around the beacon 4's, 6's, and 7's. Some under construction too. See you around 10AM might even get a ride!;)

At KCXO there are A LOT of RV's. If you go out on a Saturday around 1000 you will probably be able to catch the guys before they go fly, and possibly get a ride.

Stumbled on thIs thread and what a nice surprise. I live in the woodlands and am gathering info to build a -10. I currently rent out of hooks at united flight. Would love to come meet anyone willing to provide insight into this process
Mark

A -10 was built a couple hangars down from me, but he has since moved over to Dry Creek. There is another -10 in a hangar on the sealane.

Another option is to have lunch at Brenham on a Sunday. I can't remember the last time I was there and there wasn't at least one -10 there.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Stumbled on this thread and what a nice surprise. I live in the woodlands and am gathering info to build a -10. I currently rent out of hooks at united flight. Would love to come meet anyone willing to provide insight into this process
Mark

Mark, welcome to VAF.

The 10 is a great airplane, you wont be sorry for building one.

KasTX and Mike thanks for the info. So impressed by the airplane on paper and what everyone has written. But more impressed by the community surrounding RV pilots
Mark

Looking forward to a lifelong dream and meeting some great people along the way

There is also a Houston RV Builder's Group that has been around much longer even than these forums - meets the third Saturday of the month at a restaurant at/near a local airport - moves around the greater Houston area. Sometimes we meet at someone's hangar. The location is usually announced here as well as on a Yahoo group. A good group of folks, builder's sharing ideas and often-times tools!

Paul

There is also a Houston RV Builder's Group that has been around much longer even than these forums - meets the third Saturday of the month at a restaurant at/near a local airport - moves around the greater Houston area. Sometimes we meet at someone's hangar. The location is usually announced here as well as on a Yahoo group. A good group of folks, builder's sharing ideas and often-times tools!

Paul

Sounds like a good place for a newbie to get a ride;)

EAA Chapter 302 at KCXO

Kirk and Mark, you will get all your questions answered about building and flying RVs as we have several EAA members who are building and/or flying 'em. You can usually find someone during the week, but most folks fly or are around on Saturday mornings. Our local EAA Chapter 302 meets at 10am on the 2nd Saturday at KCXO (hangar 41) and you are cordially invited. We usually have 35-40 EAA'ers there with a high percentage of friendly RV drivers. It's a great opportunity to make new contacts. Come see us!