uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
On my 796 I have recently noticed symbology in the form of yellow rings that are not listed in the symbology section of the manual, are these stadiums as mentioned in another recent thread?
One was over Stillwater which I assumed was the OSU stadium but the other was over downtown Tulsa which I can only assume is the BOK center which is not really a stadium per se.
Which database drives the location of these (navigation, obstacle etc)
I do not recall seeing these on the 496 that I had previously but that may have been due to the smaller display.

I have the same yellow circles on my Dynon SV1000 w/ADS-B In and Out here in Reno. One is the stadium at UNR and the other is the pending TFR this week for Pylon School at Reno-Stead, rookie training for the Reno Air Races in September. Dan

As an FYI, you can turn off just the stadium TFR's on Dynon SkyView if you want and keep all the other TFR's.

Driven by ADS-B

Brian
So these are driven by your ADS-B setup? I did not show a TIS-B uplink active on the GDL-39 data page but was getting a good signal from three ground stations.

Yes, they were coming from my GDL-39 via the FIS-B signal.

FIS-B which includes the TFR data does not require a TIS-B uplink.

Hope this helps!

New ADS-B Ground Stations in Oklahoma?

Brian
So these are driven by your ADS-B setup? I did not show a TIS-B uplink active on the GDL-39 data page but was getting a good signal from three ground stations.

Tulsa Dave,

This is a little off topic, but reading your post peaked my interest since the last time I flew down to Tulsa there was only the one lone ADS-B ground station out in Western Oklahoma. I was receiving it up high on my GDL39, but lost it as I descended into the Tulsa area where I needed it for traffic.

I see from the FAA interactive map that Oklahoma now has 8 ADS-B ground stations with several more along the Arkansas border! If this is true, your area went from being one of the least served to one of the best. Congratulations!

And yes, those are sports event TFRs.

Steve

11692.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback

Brian/Steve
Thanks for the feedback, now that I have coverage I have to decide whether to keep my XM subscription. They do occasionally show different weather pictures.