lbgjb

I just want to have ship's power to Garmin 796 mounted in Airgizmo. I don't need wires for hooking to other devices, or to yoke mount. Any suggestions for wire with correct fitting for 796. Thanks. lab

I used a harness called (I think) bare wire mount. Worked great for me but it does have all the other wires included that you were not wanting. I also mounted my 796 in the panel with out using an Airgizmo's mount and I like that installation much better. I used the bare wire connector and fastened a backing plate to it , cut out the panel very carefully to fit around the perimeter of the 796 and bolted the backing plate to the panel. In my opinion the installation looks just like a panel mount GPS. In my Cub, I used the Airgizmos mount for my 396 and I find it bulky looking and much harder to remove and re-install.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. whenever I google bare wires for garmin 796 all show many wires for data etc. I think I need something that has the connection on one end to plug into the 796 and bare wires on other end. Ideas??