prkaye

Well Known Member
On drawing 21, for bulkhead 708, it says "if applicable, drill eight 1/8" holes for static tube mounting".

why does it say "if applicable?". How do i know if it is applicable to me?

This is one way to support the the 1/4" plastic tubing that goes from the right static port to the left one. You run the tubing along the bulkhead and and support it in place using zip ties. I used plastic cable clamps in, I believe 1/4" size, from Lowes similar to the ones on the photo below to hold my tubing. If you need a photo of my setup, let me know and I'll post it. I'm at work now and don't have my photos.

So i guess i'd be well advised to drill those eight holes now, and if I don't end up using em', no big deal?

You can do them now if you wish. Mine's a QB, I'm 6'-1" 220lbs, and I can tell you, it was not fun crawling into the tailcone to drill those holes. Doable, but not fun. Anyway, you will be installing static ports, and you need to support the tubing going left to right, so you will need those holes. In the picture you can see my tubing in the background. Now, I only drilled four holes and used static ports from Aircraft Spruce.