tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I know Martin posted a similar question on this recently, but I think his problem was slightly different (since his is a slider).

I am building a tip-up 7A and have the following problem. It's a QB fuse, so I am not sure if something might have been drilled incorrectly. Anyone else run into this?

http://www.scottsrv7a.com/705G.htm

Thanks,
Scott

From what I understand this is a common problem. I left those side rivets out at this time and will probably use pop rivets in there when I finally secure it. But what I did was take a small circular file and "notched" the 705G in those spots slightly ... enough so the pop rivet will fit in there before pulling.

I didn't even think about a regular rivet although I assume someone out there has a bucking bar -- and th talent -- to get in there without gouging the heck out of the 705G; but it's not for me.

that most forward rivet looks a little "hinky", however. Did you radius the corner of the 705G to fit in the channel?

Me too

I did the same thing with 705G after discusssing w/ Van's. It's OK and solves the circularity problem. My QB required some rivets be drilled out, too, and not only there! See my other post of today, same subject.
h

We are coming up against several occasions where it is impossible to put rivets into a QB fuse (Czech made). Ours is a tip up and the areas we have had difficulty are around the 705 and also the 774 skin when it comes down to the rollover and also the very middle rivet at the back - interferes with a bracket inside.

I wouldn't trade the QB for anything but I think some more care was needed in these areas.

Epoxy and pull rivets have solved the problems !