flydjd

Well Known Member
Hi all,

With reference to the 7 QB fuselage and Dwg 38 - detail F fuel tank attach bracket detail, has anyone else found that it arrived with the 5 rivets installed at this location ? (all AN426 3 x AD3's and 2 x AD4's) :(

This is a royal pain in the backside :mad: as these all have to be drilled out and the 3 x AD3's have the F-902 bulkhead flanges dimpled which will cause a problem with the 2 spacers sitting flush.

I have e-mailed Van's Tech but haven't heard back yet.

If others have had this on their QB's how did you deal with it please ?

David you have to countersink the shims as shown here.

http://www.jeffsrv-7a.com/WINGS/05-11-27.htm

-Jeff

WINGS%20262.jpg

Thanks

Hi Jekyll and Jeff and thanks for the replies

.....esp. Jeff's step by step photo instructions including the bruised fingernail !

...I have fabricated the pieces and managed to remove all the rivets and a piece of my left thumb whilst drilling a hardwood block to tap out the rivets :eek:

Van's have replied but would only say that sometimes on the QB's these rivets get put in....

Thats from getting my finger caught in my pneumatic squeezer.... I hate when that happens... ;)
-Jeff

Ouch !

RV_7A said:
Thats from getting my finger caught in my pneumatic squeezer.... I hate when that happens... ;)
-Jeff

Done that too...but only just nipped the skin......
and the cleco clamp squeeze......
managed to avoid the shiny hot soldering iron so far but it's only a matter of time.... :eek:

I was kidding... I dont even wanna imagine the outcome of something like that... it wouldnt be pretty. :eek:

flydjd said:
managed to avoid the shiny hot soldering iron so far but it's only a matter of time.... :eek:

Wait for the 20,000rpm #40 air drill bit thru the finger....I did it once on my first airplane and twice on my second...I'm not building anymore...:)

Frank