RV9newbie

I'm New Here
While flying my new-to-me 9A my flaps stopped working. After examination I discovered the flap actuator had become disconnected from the flap weldment arm. Seems like a somewhat easy fix but I have questions:

1) While disconnected from the flap weldment arm the flap actuator rotates under power, is this normal?

2) It appears the builder drilled through the actuator and into the jam-nut bolt in a failed attempt to drill a hole for the safety wire. He then successfully drilled another hole through the actuator for the safety wire. (see attached pic link).

3) The jam-nut has a hole in the end, is that for grease? Or do I simply apply grease to the swivel on the jam-nut?

4) Assuming the rotation of the arm is normal and will stop when the jam-nut is tightened are the arm and jam-nut okay to use as is? (see pic link)

1kint_AO1motTTIDn0c__9Px63MNDA3hK

Phil,
Good job with this.
Definitely follow up on all SB’s but I believe they would’ve been caught @ the W29 prebuy.
I would replace the drilled “heim” end. I don’t believe strength has been sacrificed to any degree on the threaded tube end.
A jam nut will be more than adequate to hold the “heim”.
If you have more questions, reach out. We’ll find a safe solution.

Mark