RVRC

Well Known Member
WOW! What a day! The 6th annual KCUB RV fly-in was wonderful. With over 60, YES, SIXTY :eek: RVs in attendance and 15 other planes there, we had a great fly-in. The others were a Stearman, Cessna 195, several Swifts, a Barracuda, a Thorp, a Giles, a Midget Mustang and some other Cessnas, Pipers and Mooneys. But the main attraction, of course, were the wonderful RVs that came from several states to see and be seen. More than 200 people were fed Palmetto Burgers and Carolina Dogs with all donations going to EAA Chapter 242. Temps were in the mid 80s and sunny. Yellow clouds of pollen were there as well, but they didn't seem to be a problem. Tom and Don Roberts brought out there RV4 project and Edquaro Izzary and I brought out our RV7 projects to attend their first fly-in. Even though we had to tow them to the flight line, we thought people might like to see them under construction. There are 10 RV projects under way at KCUB right now and others in the area. Many thanks to all that helped put this fly-in on and a special thanks to those that chose to make KCUB their destination on this gorgeous flying day. It was good to reconnect with old friends and we enjoyed the chance to make new ones. The Palmetto Wing of Van's Airforce once again pulled off an outstanding RV fly-in. If you missed it this year, don't make the same mistake next year. Thanks to the entire chapter of EAA 242 for their help and support. Here is a link to my photos and more photos will follow.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RVRCMOONPIE/KCUBRVFlyIn2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPH9vqAzpWaPg&feat=directlink

As an attendee, I can say it was great fun, with great hospitality.

Thanks to all who hosted

thanks palmetto

The weather and these wonderful groups made for a great date today with my daughter:
- Breakfast in Georgia with EAA690 at KLZU
- Lunch in SouthCarolina with Palmetto at KCUB

Biscuits and gravy, pancakes, hamburgers, hot dogs, and chocolate chip cookies. Call it a $100 heart attack.

Thanks guys!

Don

Robert,

My dear wife, Linda, and I thank all of those in EAA 242 for hosting us. I made the first and unable to attend until this latest RV flyin. EAA 249 in Greenville had at least five planes.