beech29r

I'm New Here
I'm thinking of traveling to check out a flying 6A in Utah and would appreciate any info anyone might have on N30760, slider, 160hp, built in 2002 with a Warp Drive 4 blade prop.

I don't find any info on the site about builders using Warp Drive adjustable pitch props. Opinions? Other than that it looks like a nice 6A... from what I can tell by the pics.

New to the site, so hopefully this is the right place to post this.

There have been several RVs in this area to try the warp drive, 2-blade, 3-blade, and 4-blade. No one could get any performance with any warp drive prop.

I suggest calling or e-mailing Warp Drive.

http://www.warpdriveprops.com/

Their website indicates that they do sell props for Lycomings and Continentals, but you may want to touch base with them anyway.

That wasn't the case 5 years ago, because their hub couldn't handle the torque pulses from our low RPM, high torque, 4 cylinder engines.

Kyle Boatright said:
That wasn't the case 5 years ago, because their hub couldn't handle the torque pulses from our low RPM, high torque, 4 cylinder engines.

Wait a minute - they designed/used/sold a hub that couldn't be used with the most common engine outputs in the aviation world? What exactly was their target market?

airguy said:
Wait a minute - they designed/used/sold a hub that couldn't be used with the most common engine outputs in the aviation world? What exactly was their target market?

Ultralights, Kitfoxes, and the like.

Seems to me that you could get rid of the warp drive and hang a more RV-proven prop on it.

As I recall, this airplane has been for sale for some time. Might be a bargaining chip for you. Have him knock down the asking price to cover the cost of a different prop.

Regards,

Target market is 2-stroke Rotax and 912/914, UL and lightplane. The Warp is a smart choice in pusher applications because the solid carbon blade withstands FOD so well.