6adan

I am just getting to the point of putting the nose wheel on my project. The problem I ran into is the wheel with bearings and spacers are right at 7/32 wider than the wheel fork. I have the old fork and the new redesigned and they are the same inside width. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?

Thanks Dannie

First thing I would check is to make sure the two wheel halves are fully seated on each other (that the tube is not pinched between the wheel halves).

Anyone messing with nose wheels should perhaps read this.

Alex is spot on with this.

While I was not a fan of deviating from Van's plans when building my -6A, I did ditch the aluminum "donuts" and went with a real axle instead. I had already installed the donuts but not yet flown. The axle was easy to install (under an hour for sure) and the nose wheel rolled much more easily and smoothly afterwards.

I bought the Berringer nose wheel with the tubeless tire and through axle that the axle bolt slides through. It is a great improvement!

John Morgan

The Berringer nose wheel is very nice... and expensive. Grove also carries similar options.