JacobD

I'm New Here
Wanted to know if anyone had some advice on an install of a non-heated pitot for a Dynon 10A on an already flying 6A. I purchased on last week for my D10A and got to looking at the plumbing from the pitot tube to the fuselage. How difficult would it be to run another line to accommodate the AOA from the probe to the dash? It doesn't appear that I have much room looking from the bell crank inspection hole.

Forgive me if this question is a bit elementary but I'm not a builder of RVs. I just bought on a few weeks ago and am loving every minute of it :)

Actually on the -6 the tubes are normally run on the front side of the spar. There are no fuel tank "Z" brackets to interfere on the -6. This way, when you get inside the cockpit, you are already on the front side.

So will the install be difficult as far as say having to drill holes in the ribs to route the line through on the way to the fuselage?

Conduit?

Was the plane built with a conduit for wires going to the wing tip?

If so, you can mount the probe near the next to end rib and use flexible polyurethane tubing down the conduit back to the fuselage.
That's how I'm fitting it in mine.
Vans conduit has plenty of room for wires and the 1/4 inch OD flex tubing...

gil A

AOA location matters

You need someone to chime in here that has a flying 6 or 7 with the Dynon AOA probe, and working properly, as to where it's located, etc. Consider that, ideally, you want an AOA probe in undisturbed air.

Yes it does have wires going to the wingtips through the hole in the ribs where the aleron push/pull tube is routed. The original pitot line went on the front side of the spar so I might leave that one there then route the additional line for the Dynon through the holes on the backside of the spar.

Thanks for your help guys. Now it's time for the fun part :)