DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
I have a Garmin 696 in an AirGizmo panel dock. The GXM40 XM receiver/antenna plugs into the 696's USB port. I'm having port failures.

The first time was a failure to communicate with the GXM40 or my PC. No clue to failure. Garmin swapped the unit under warranty.

The second unit recognized the antenna, but some weeks later when I started the XM subscription process I found the port loose in the 696 case...physically loose, and again uncommunicative.

Hmmmm. Garmin was kind enough to warranty that unit also, and I took a hard look at the cable openings in the panel dock. To make absolutely sure there was no physical interference which might stress the GXM40's plug and the 696's USB port I hogged out the cable opening and smoothed the sidewall. Yesterday I plugged it all up in the airplane, pushed outside the hangar, and applied power. The 696 recognized the GXM40 so I got on the cell phone, called XM, and opened a subscription. The man said it would be as much as an hour (but probably 15 minutes) before I saw weather on my unit, and to just leave the unit on and exposed to the sky. No problem; I got out of the airplane and went off to do some chores in the hangar. When I came back in 10 minutes, there was the dreaded message again..."No XM Antenna". And sure enough, the 696 won't com with my PC.

Note I didn't even crank the engine (no vibration); it was just sitting there on the ramp. I can reach behind the panel and feel the GXM40 cable at the rear of the panel dock. It is free and clear and not binding against anything. The flat side of the plug contacts the side of the panel dock cavity, but that seems like an unlikely culprit.

This problem sound familiar to anyone?