Walt

Well Known Member
I've seen a few folks talk about using the "rubber band" feature for the course line but I cannot find any info on this or have been able to figure out how to do it so need some help with this one?

Second, on the 496 I had the course line setup so it would always show a line to the destination (always on track) and the line "behind" you would not be there, I can't seem to find this same funtion on the 696, is it possible?

The "Rubber Band" feature is found in Flight Plan mode - hit the Flight Plan button, then "Use Map" - the cursor will become active, and when you slide it over the existing course line, the course line will change color. You can then grab it and pull it to a new intermediate way point.

It would be nice if you could do this on the main map page, but it isn't implemented that way.

Paul

Rubber Band

Walt-

I don't have my 696 in front of me... so this is from memory. When you are in flight plan mode you have a selection for map. This allows you to click on the map and add to the flight plan. I think this is the feature people are talking about. Give it a try.