Rick_A

Well Known Member
Looking for ideas / pictures of 696 mounts that are not in the panel. The knee board mount does not appeal to me either.

Thanks.

Ram Mount Between the Seats

I posted photos of my installation in a new thread a few weeks ago under "A mod for mounting your GPS". It is great for me and my wife. For the first time it is easy for her to see exactly where we are in our trips and the position is very natural for me to see and operate. We have made two significant trips in IMC as well as VMC since I installed it.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Mine is mounted to the left triangular side piece, with a bracket I made from flat stock and angle. It's mounted with thumb screws. It replaces a 496, and does cover the key switch, but I just look around to the side of the 696. Thought about putting it in the center and replacing Van's gauges someday. But probably won't. I have it angled perfectly for the best contrast.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Last edited:
this is what I ended up for mine, a little obstruction for setting the radio, but not to bad, the wife likes to play with the unit so she is happy, it is right in my path out of the way for the throttle and I just look a little to the right and it's there. The wife hits it a little when she leaves the plane, but it can be moved out of the way for that, so that's ok. I used the mounting that came with the unit, I just ordered a 1inch ball mount to put it on the panel.

rvpic2.JPG