flyingriki

Well Known Member
I picked up a 600C for the back seater and can't figure out why it is almost invisible without the back light on all the time. I've studied the manual and tried all the menu options. Has fresh batteries and still, when turned on, it is practically impossible to see anything on the screen. Adjusted brightness and contrast etc. but no joy. Turn on the back light and it looks great.
Any advice?
Thank you

I picked up a 600C for the back seater and can't figure out why it is almost invisible without the back light on all the time. I've studied the manual and tried all the menu options. Has fresh batteries and still, when turned on, it is practically impossible to see anything on the screen. Adjusted brightness and contrast etc. but no joy. Turn on the back light and it looks great.
Any advice?
Thank you

I've got one of those too, and the visibility issue is very real. I have aux power wired in for it and always run with the backlight on, because it is very hard to see otherwise.

Just figure on having 12 volt power............all the time. Otherwise, it will keep going to a lower setting.

L.Adamson

All color screen need to be lit. The 600C and 2000C have the option to dim down the screen if not in use to preserve the battery without turning off the unit.

The 100 and 500 are LCD screens (no color) and work best in bright sunlight. But needing a back-lit at night.

Last edited: