lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Hi,

I need a statement from Van's that my RV-8 QB kit is elegibile for the major portion of the 51%. For you in the US this maybe strange but in the bizarre old Italy things are not so easy for the experimental kit builders. I post my thread because I need an advice from you that know Vans sure better than me.
Somebody of you knows the right person to ask my request @ Vans ? I would like phone him.
I know that Vans don't help the foreign builders in their certification process, but this is a simple statement ... what do you think?

ps: I gave to Italian FAA the ama-kit.pdf file with the elegibility of RV-8, I gave them the document of the evaluation of the kit BUT they want a Vans statement with the same declaration or I can trash my whole project ...... I'm really hurry.:(

in my preview plans book, there is a letter in the front signed by the US FAA saying it approved of the kit. Check your book.

Check your preview plans. Right after the Accessory Catalog, there is a copy of a letter from the FAA, which I believe is what you are looking for.

If you don't find it, Van's should be able to send it to you, or else I could scan it and email it to you.

51% = problem solved

Thanks to Gus @ Van's for patience and help I'm again an happy RV8 builder in old Europe and (sometime) 'funny' Italy !

Van's assistance is GREAT !

:)