rv8guy

Well Known Member
It took a little longer to get here, but I am now at 56 hours, wheel pants installed (about 10 knots), and did my first cross country on Monday. All worked perfectly from Athens Georgia to Fernandina Beach Florida. Down at 3500, back at 8500 above the clouds. Wow, what fun for an old low level helicopter pilot. Garmin 196, Navaid, and Al Trak did all the work and kept me posted. GIB (wife Sue) had a great time and thinks the 8 years is finally worth it.

My Whirlwind Prop, went back to the factory and got all fixed up good as new, after a grease slinging episode. Can't say enough about the great support I got from Greg and Whirlwind Aviation.

All seems very good now, and I can even land 3 point or wheel at will, and have not scared myself much lately. Being down for a bit may put my paint off till after Oskosh, but after missing Sun N Fun, I gotta go somwhere.

Kepp those rivits going, it is worth it

50 hour report

Great to hear, Marshall! Keep those reports coming - they are very motivating to those of us who are still building.

Hey......

Hi Marshall,
My son lives in Athens and now works for zerogravitybike, on the road to Commerce. I live 30 minutes south of you in Louisville, Ga (2J3) and would love to have you and Mrs. GIB down for lunch. I KNOW it's 30 minutes, cause that's what my 6A does at 75%!! ;)

Marshall -

These airplanes are addictive, aren't they!? I can tell you that the longer you fly it unpainted, the harder it's going to be to give it up for a month....but, hey, they fly just fine bare!

Paul

Check your landing gear bolting. It will need retorquing after all the pieces have seated in (with ~40-50 hrs of flying).

thanks for all the words of wisdom!

Yes, the aluminum flys great, and I am planning on taking it to Oskosh in Aluminum and primer.

Probably paint in Jan of Feb. Until then--let's go flying