Don

Well Known Member
I took advantage of a recent Hooker Harness bulk purchase and I'm pleased with the product but I have a question. I'm building a 9A and have finished the baggage compartment and am working on the seats and seat floors. It's clear where the shoulder harnesses and the seat belts connect. I'm not sure where the crotch strap attaches but I note there are two holes on each side of the F-940 forward seat floors (only the one for the control stick shows on the plans). I was wondering if this other hole could be where the crotch strap passes through the floor. If so, I'm not sure what it attaches to. It'll be a while before I need to really worry about this seriously but if there are any headaches I can avoid now I'd sure like to.

Yes the smaller hole is for the crotch attachment point. The 5th (crotch) attachment point is an option and must be purchased seperatly. Look in the Van's catalog.
5th pt. installation kit, RV-7/7A, RV-9/9A both seats
Part Number = CROTCH STRAP KIT
Price = $32.00

Re. the bulk purchase

The time for bulk purchase I got has ended but I doubt seriously that it was a one time event. I didn't organize it but if you go back in the posts I'm sure you can figure out who did. I think Mike Stewart was the dealer that offered the special. I'm going to guess that you'll need a fair number of buyers to get a break. It seemed to me there were 2 or 3 break points and we needed (and got) 50 or more people to participate. It was a great deal too.