Mark Curley

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm planning on adding the 5 point harness brackets during my RV-6 build. Instead of ordering the RV-7 crotch strap mount kit and cutting it down, I would rather fab my own brackets to fit the 6. Is there any useful information on the instruction sheet that comes with the bracket kit? Does anyone have a scan of the sheet that they could pass along?

Thanks,

Mark,
I will try and take a picture tomorrow of the bracket in my 9A. I don't think I have the paper work anymore. I will look for that tomorrow too.

Hey - I just noticed you are from MI. I am heading out on Saturday to East Lansing. We have some student housing at MSU. I should be there for about a month or so. Maybe we could get together sometime - if Im not swamped!

Last edited:
Seat Belt "Crotch Strap" Attach

I tried using the RV7 solution on my RV6 but the spacing of the floor ribs isn't the same so it wouldn't fit without modification. Cutting off one of the flanges and riveting on a new flange to make them fit was to much effort for me. The link below will take you to a VAF forums post that contains just about every option for the fifth point seat belt attach that people have used on the RV6. The variation that Pat Hatch posted pictures of is what I am using on my 6. One of the followup posts further down in this string (the one by RVDAN) provides supporting data that this solution has been tested and is plenty strong enough.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=105412&highlight=crotch+strap

Last edited:
Crotch Strap

James, Thanks for the link, that helps. Looks simple to make the "early 6" type parts and I have hardware.

Rockwood, Would be happy to get together any time. I'm in Tecumseh, about 90 miles from East Lansing. Send me a PM when you have time.

Thanks,

The 7/9 kit fit my 6A without issue. I had to mount it slightly off from the dimensions in the dwg to clear the lighting hole flange.