grjtucson

Well Known Member
I'm in the middle of my first annual condition inspection and just got back my fourth oil analysis. Was "nervousing" a tiny bit about early reports but things are headed in the right direction and I thought this might be of interest to others that are in the early part of engine use and maintenance.

I really like Blackstone. Their turn time grew to ~3 weeks for this last report versus less than a week for prior reports. Guessing they're busy though it could just as easily be USPS. Not at all worried about it, just putting it out there as a recent data point FYI.

Attachments

• N567AJ-221106.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 344
Thanks for posting this George. Awaiting my first oil analysis.

What did your oil look like in the pan after draining.

Oil color

I've done 5 total, the first after ~10 hours was black as coal, didn't have that analyzed. They've been getting progressively more greenish, the 4 subsequent changes have all been ~25 hours each.
Thanks for posting this George. Awaiting my first oil analysis.

What did your oil look like in the pan after draining.

I think this is good news, George!
We should celebrate with another RV lunch fly out. :)

Defininitely! I need to get out to your neck of the woods, your coast pictures had me yearning...

Maybe our next lunch is up central coast way, Santa Ynez/Santa Maria/San Luis Obispo area?

I think this is good news, George!
We should celebrate with another RV lunch fly out. :)

Defininitely! I need to get out to your neck of the woods, your coast pictures had me yearning...

Maybe our next lunch is up central coast way, Santa Ynez/Santa Maria/San Luis Obispo area?

I’m sure several of us would be up for that .. L52 has a restaurant nearby .. but it’s a heck of a haul for you!