Rockyjs

Well Known Member
Patron
I remember seeing something a wile back. I searched and couldn't find the thread. I put a Dynon D10A in a RV8 in a friends aircraft that uses a 496 for GPS info. The HSI displays all the data except the magenta course line. Also the magenta tick under the ball is missing although the CDI scale is visable when viewing the ADI. It must be something in the 496 setup, but I can't figure out what. Thanks

Rocky

Rocky,

Yes, it is a setup option on the EFIS. You can also set it up to display the Vertical Nav / Glide Slope scale on the left of the main EFIS screen as well as on the HSI screen.

You mentioned that before, Bill....

....and since my primary nav source will be the 430W, can it also display a second GS on the left of the D-100? If so, how do I get it to do that?

Thanks,

....and since my primary nav source will be the 430W, can it also display a second GS on the left of the D-100? If so, how do I get it to do that?

Thanks,

Here is how you set D100 to display the CDI and GS on the artificial horizon screen:
D100 User Manual said:
SHOW/HIDE DISPLAY ITEMS
In the EFIS > SETUP > CLUTTR menu, you can turn on or off almost every item displayed on the EFIS page. As with all other menu items, these options are abbreviated to commands containing 6 letters or fewer. Pressing a button
EFIS Operation
corresponding to one of these options turns the respective onscreen item on or off. The following table summarizes the display item abbreviations and their function.

CDI ... Course Deviation Indicator
Toggles and configures the display of the CDI and glideslope. Choosing “CDI” causes the course deviation indicator to display above the slip/skid ball. Choosing “CDI+GS” causes both the CDI and glideslope indicators to display, with the glideslope indicator displayed next to the roll scale. If the CDI button status displays “Y” or “CDI+GS” and no CDI or glideslope is displayed onscreen, the EFIS-D100 cannot detect your NAV radio or GPS, there is no active course, or there is no NAVSRC chosen on the HSI page.

Note, if your D100 is set to display any information in the upper left hand corner of the screen and you turn on the GS display, the D100 will not display the OAT/G meter/OAT in that spot.

Pierre,

If you are asking if it can display that GS on both the artificial horizon display and the HSI display at the same time, from the same nav source, the answer is yes.

If you are asking if the D100 can display two CDI's at the same time from two different nav sources, I don’t think so. Dynon, please clarify.

The best way to connect and switch between multiple nave sources is with the HS34 expansion module.

Page 125

Of the 496 users manual shows what you need I believe.

I went through this same thing on my 10A. I could get everything but the magenta line.

By going into the Advanced NMEA Output Setup menu.

Press MENU twice to open the Main Menu
Use the ROCKER to select Setup from the verticla tab list.
Select INTERFACE for the row of tabs.
Highlight the field below SERIAL DATA FORMAT and press ENTER
Select NMEA In/NMEA Out. press enter
Press MENU to open the options ment. Select ADVANCED NMEA Setup and press ENTER.

If the Output Rate is set to High, change it to NORMAL.

If it's already NORMAL, I'm stumped..

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys! I'll recheck that the D10A is setup correctly. I did set it up the same as my FD-180 and I didn't have a manual handy for the 496 when the aircraft was in my hangar. I've got the manual now so when it comes through next time I'll be ready. The owner is unconcerned about it, but it bugs me to not have the full HSI display with the magenta line.