Tony_T

Well Known Member
Patron
On plans page 46-03 step 2 has you check the trigger coil clearance. While I don't think I need to change the factory setting, I tried to look up the reference in the Rotax documentation. The plans refer to Section 13 and Section 15 in Maintenance Manual II. The Rotax documentation CD has a "Line Maintenance Manual" and a "Heavy Maintenance Manual" but no Maintenance Manual II. Neither of the two manuals furnished have a Section 13 or 15 that I can find. The manuals on the Rotax website are named the same as what is on the CD.
Has anyone figured this out?

On plans page 46-03 step 2 has you check the trigger coil clearance. While I don't think I need to change the factory setting, I tried to look up the reference in the Rotax documentation. The plans refer to Section 13 and Section 15 in Maintenance Manual II. The Rotax documentation CD has a "Line Maintenance Manual" and a "Heavy Maintenance Manual" but no Maintenance Manual II. Neither of the two manuals furnished have a Section 13 or 15 that I can find. The manuals on the Rotax website are named the same as what is on the CD.
Has anyone figured this out?

Hi Tony,

You have sorted it out Van's does not provide that manual you have to go to one of the Rotax sites and download it.

Best regards,
Vern

May have found answer...

Found no Maintenance Manual II on the Rotax website, but did a search in the Heavy Maintenance Manual and found the trigger coil adjustment procedure in Section 74-00-00 page 46.
So, I am guessing the the reference to a Maintenance Manual II must be an obsolete manual replaced by the Heavy Maintenance Manual.

Tony