G3X ?

Anybody been able to get the Zaon to display traffic on the GDU 375? The Zaon website mentions interface with the 496, 696 but not the G3X.

Paul Danclovic
Jamestown NC
RV-8A N181SB

If not...Why?

I mean TIS data should be TIS data correct? Does the Zaon not spit out TIS data just like the 330?

Has anyone actually tried to connect a Zaon to the 430?

How would the 430 know it was not a 330 on the other end?

The 496 manual suggest that the 496 does not know it is a Zaon connected but instead thinks it is a 330 so why would the 430 know the difference?

Last edited:
Not sure if we are talking the same hardware but the Zaons we connect to our EFIS systems use RS232 and Zaon's own propriety protocol while the 330 connected to our systems would use ARINC according to the ARINC 735 TCAS specification.

Rainier

If not...Why?

I mean TIS data should be TIS data correct? Does the Zaon not spit out TIS data just like the 330?

Has anyone actually tried to connect a Zaon to the 430?

How would the 430 know it was not a 330 on the other end?

The 496 manual suggest that the 496 does not know it is a Zaon connected but instead thinks it is a 330 so why would the 430 know the difference?

The 330 also outputs TIS data on RS232 and that is what the X96's can use for displaying traffic data.

It looks like I need to determine if the 430 can also accept TIS data over serial and not just TCAS over ARINC.

Last edited:
After digging into the 430W install manual... It seems that there is no option on the RS232 input settings that would support TIS data. Too bad.

Looks like the only way to get traffic data into the 430W is thru the ARINC port like others have mentioned above.

I am not sure if the output from Zaon is TIS or at least the same format as 330 but I know it is incompatible with the data out of a 330.

I had a 330 connected to my GRT and it was displaying traffic, then I decided to buy a Zaon and connect that to the GRT. Even though that I had turned off send the info on the 330, it was still corrupting the info so traffic would not display. Now my Zaon is connected only to GRT and 330 is connected to the 430. The advantage is that I can compare the two when TIS is available.

Mehrdad
RV7A- IO360M1B