TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
About two months ago my 430w started to only show a partial screen when turned on. If I turned it off it showed the complete screen just before powering of. It takes about 5 minutes to clear out some times and is a pain in the but. I am assuming this is not normal but wonder what others have seen.

This is for the first boot of the day. I am in a heated hanger so I do not expect anything different through winter. The part that concerns me is when I overnight some where and have to tie down outside in winter.

My Trutrak is losing some of its bars too and I was told that several people have had this issue and there is a new screen out?? Not sure if this it true.

I hope I can send them in for a fix this winter.

That is true for the TruTrak. I sent mine in a couple months ago and they swapped the screen for no charge.

Bob
RV-10 N442PM

Not normal

I've seen one 430 have screen problems before, if I'm not mistaken, on that one, the contrast was really washed out, or something. Garmin replaced the screen for their normal flat-rate GNS 430 repair fee.

Stein

Hopefully Stein can chime in as Steinair supplied all the goodies. The units is not much over a year old. Would this be covered in warrenty? Would it go direct to Garmin or Steinair?? Looks like I need some panel down time.

Hi Troy,

Give us a call...we'll see what the deal is. If there are any warranty issues we'll of course take care of them directly for you without any trouble at all!

I'll chat with you as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers,
Stein