petehowell

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

It is harness time at Casa Howell.

1)What RS232 pin on the 430W would be used to used to drive a TT ADI Pilot 2?

2) Send Freqs to the SL40

3) Load flightplans to the 396.

Apologies if this is documented in the manual - I did not see a clear answer in the ones I have. Please just point me in the right direction and I will look it up.

Thanks!

1)What RS232 pin on the 430W would be used to used to drive a TT ADI Pilot 2?

2) Send Freqs to the SL40

3) Load flightplans to the 396.

Pete,

I am doing some 430W wiring at the moment myself, so this info is somewhat fresh in my mind:

1. Any of the RS-232 TX pins on P4001 can do this. You'll need to configure the output format to "Aviation" on the appropriate setup screen.

2. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 430 can do this...

3. The "Aviation" serial format is used for this as well, so you could either use the same pin as in #1, or use another available TX pin on the 430 if you don't want to mess around with daisy-chain the serial wires.

good luck,
mcb

Thanks Guys

I was figured this was done with software config, but thought I would see what others had working before I started crimpin' pins.

Bummer the 430 can't load freqs over to the SL40. I'll have to do that from the 396.

Aviation output

I did not read the threads listed, but something to keep in mind when you do your wiring is that the 430 can only put "Aviation" RS232 on ONE port at a time. So if you have to run more than one thing, be sure to parallel them at the port you'll select to transmit that format at the 430. If you knew this already, just disregard.

Thanks, 1976

Good info. I'll daisy chain the 396 and the TT ADI Pilot with "Aviation" 232 output

I did not read the threads listed, but something to keep in mind when you do your wiring is that the 430 can only put "Aviation" RS232 on ONE port at a time. So if you have to run more than one thing, be sure to parallel them at the port you'll select to transmit that format at the 430.

Aha! Good catch, I'd forgotten that, if I ever knew it.

mcb

I was going to try and catch you on the same thing Matt, but then I realized Pete was talking about a 430W, and all my experience was with the 430, and thought maybe Garmin had upgraded the serial ports....

Paul