BobAir

I'm New Here
Hi,

I've just finished a completely new panel for my flying "Brand X" experimental (GlaStar) so I hope all y'all don't mind my question -- I think the answer is here somewhere.

The supplier that provided my "pre-wired" panel used the only input to the 696 for the Zaon XRX traffic, as I asked them to do. But I would also like to have the 430W automatically load flight plans into the 696. I understand that you can daisy chain up to about four serial outputs from the 430W to various devices but has anyone been able to hook up two inputs to the 696? (I understand that I'd have to go to system settings and change the input format to switch back and forth from the traffic input to the flight plan input but would doing so simply not work regardless of the input setting on the 696?)

For those of you loading flight plans from a 430W to a 696, does that input line have to always be active to keep the flight plan in the 696 (assuming no changes to the flight plan in the 430W) or is it persistent once its been transferred even if you change the system input setting to something else?

Best regards,

Bob

To make this work, you will need a switch to either connect your one serial input on the 696 to either the Zaon or the 430 not both at the same time.

You will also have to go into the setup menu and switch it between "aviation in (430)" or "TIS in (Zaon)" each time you want to switch them.

You cannot have two transmitters hooked up to the same RS232 input at the same time as they will step on each other and all you will see is garbage for data.

As far as I know once a flightplan is transfered from the 430 to the 696, it stays there until it is changed or deleted either by the 430 or the user.