rwarre

Well Known Member
I purchased a Garmin 430 from an avionics shop that has been tested. It came with a wiring harness that was just cut from the components. Now I am trying to decipher the installation manual to decide how to connect this unit. Are there any books, or materials that would be helpful in finding out what all the terms means and how to apply them. Example 10 altitude out pins,com mic audio lo, com mic audio hi. I have thought about having an avionics shop wire this for me if the group thinks it's too complex. I did do a electronics correspondence course many years ago and do understand basic electronics. Thanks Randy

Randy,

Do you have the install manual or the operation manual? You will need the install manual.

These are hard but not impossible to find and download on the web.

I have the IM

I downloaded the installation manual. Rev B, I understand there are later Revs. I am sure I can figure out most of the connections, but like I stated, when the manual talks about hi and low audio I don't understand if that means frequency or something elso. Randy

I downloaded the installation manual. Rev B, I understand there are later Revs. I am sure I can figure out most of the connections, but like I stated, when the manual talks about hi and low audio I don't understand if that means frequency or something elso. Randy
In Garmin install nomenclature, hi means signal, lo means ground.