Camillo

Well Known Member
Hi. I don't have enough infos on Garmin GNS430 so I am asking.

I live and fly in Italy where WAAS is not available. So I guess I will buy a GNS430 non WAAS to save money. Maybe used from a Vansairforce member, if available.

Prior to making a WTB, I would like to know if data card which is included in a USA 430 covers all the world or only America. If the latter, how much approx. will cost a Euope card.

Another question is the harness. Do I need a pro to install or can I do it myself?

Last question. Is there some version I should look for (i.e.: higher power CPUs for further WAAS upgrade, etc...) or does this make no difference?

Thanks.
Camillo

430/430W

Hi. I don't have enough infos on Garmin GNS430 so I am asking.

I live and fly in Italy where WAAS is not available. So I guess I will buy a GNS430 non WAAS to save money. Maybe used from a Vansairforce member, if available.

Prior to making a WTB, I would like to know if data card which is included in a USA 430 covers all the world or only America. If the latter, how much approx. will cost a Euope card.

Another question is the harness. Do I need a pro to install or can I do it myself?

Last question. Is there some version I should look for (i.e.: higher power CPUs for further WAAS upgrade, etc...) or does this make no difference?

Thanks.
Camillo

I have a 430 coming up for sale very soon. I have upgraded to WAAS so this non WAAS unit is for sale. Unit is 2 years old (bought new) and I have 250 hours on my airplane. Includes antenna, wiring harness (you still have to solder it together), tray, backing plate and manual.

You need a European card. You can buy one directly from Jeppesen or download the database using Skybound. One time download will likely be around ~$130?

Reference wiring. Depends if you think you can wire it or not. I would suggest asking for assistance if you're not sure. I use Approach Systems harnesses and love them.

Version numbers? The CPU upgrade is part of the WAAS upgrade. You won't find it on its own. So the short answer is no. There are software updates but no hardware updates unless to get the full WAAS.

Steve
RV7A
C-FSIS